Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Well, this is a very busy week at the Morton house. Emma has a rainforest animal project due on Friday and of course Emma thinks it has to be done today. I helped her create a Blue Morpho butterfly. It's cute. I'll put pics on soon. We had a hard time competing with the little girl in her class that created a sloth hanging from a limb and applied real horse hair for the fur. She brushed her horse and used the excess hair. It was pretty impressive. I saw it at school today. It made me feel kinda itchy though! Caroline has her spring chorus concert on Thursday and I take my class to the NC Zoo on Friday. Yes, this will be my 10th trip taking around 100 second graders with 55 parent chaperones and the weatherman is calling for rain! What a blast! Then Jody and I are taking the girls to Carowinds on Saturday because Caroline is performing a concert with chorus there too. We are riding the chartered bus with about 40 other fifth graders. Emma and Avery are excited because they've never been on a bus with a bathroom before. I assured them that it wasn't a bathroom they wanted to visit. But you know, they'll both have to go at least once to take a good look. And then of course, Sunday is Mother's Day. Happy Mother's Day to all the moms that read our blog and we wish you a relaxing day. I'm sure to have lots of pics from the week and I'll try to post them by Sunday. I know all of you are getting sick of the birds. But, just in case you needed an update, we actually watched two of them hop up on the edge of the planter and take their first flight. The first one flew right into the hood of my van. Ouch! There's one left in the nest. I thought we'd have an empty nest by now, but you know, one kid always stays and even if they leave, they come back. I hope these three birds are no reflection of the outcome of our three girls.

1 comment:

Getz Gang said...

great update...finally