Well, after the early morning zoo fieldtrip on Friday, the Morton family headed to Carowinds on Saturday. There are very few pictures of Caroline at Carowinds because she decided that she wanted to hang out with her friends because, you know, parents are just not cool anymore. But, by the looks of most parents that went on the trip, Jody and I are ranking pretty high with the coolness factor. Their chorus concert was great and they scored an excellent from the judges. Jody, Emma, Avery and I hung out all day in the Nickelodeon section of the park. They loved it. They had their pictures taken with the Rugrats and even Jimmy Neutron. They rode every ride we could find. I was even a little scared on the kiddie roller coaster but Avery and Emma had their hands straight up in the air the whole ride. We even stopped for the Dora The Explorer show and we all did the funky chicken dance. It was definitely a fun filled day and we returned to Durham around 10:30. The kids slept the entire ride home. It had been about twenty years since I last went to Carowinds and it might be about twenty more before I go again. Though, the kids had a fantastic time. The adults get worn out way faster than the kids do.
yay!! Great post! I love seeing the kids. Did you and Avery dress as twins?? :) Tell Jodi that his purse is sassy! I haven't been to Carowinds since college. Busch Gardens in Williamsburg is AWESOME. Try that next. Love all of you! Critty
Haha Carly!!! The trip to Carowinds looked like sooo much fun. Those pictures were great. I enjoyed seeing Jody holding your purse. :o) The girls looked like they had a blast!
Happy late Mothers Day Carly- I hope it was wonderful! Love to the whole family. -Lizzie
Welcome to the world of having three precious little girls!
We decided to create our own blog to share with friends and family. So, let's begin by introducing ourselves.
~Caroline Elizabeth Morton age: 11 favorites: basketball, basketball, and more basketball, webkinz, pizza, spaghetti, and fettucine alfredo
~Emma Katherine Morton age: 7 favorites: gymnastics, reading chapter books, puzzles, macaroni & cheese, and not to mention 12 piece nuggets from Chick-fil-A
~Avery Caroline Doughty age: 5 favorites: horses, gymnastics, dolls, riding her bike, and pasta carbonara from Bennett Pointe Grill
"The Parents" Jody & Carly Morton
Jody, 37, spends his days as a fire investigator and you might even find him at the gym or doing laundry at the house.
Carly, 32, spends her days teaching 21 eight year olds the standard course of study for 2nd grade. On the weekends she frequents Target, TJ Maxx or Marshalls.
3 comments:
yay!! Great post! I love seeing the kids. Did you and Avery dress as twins?? :)
Tell Jodi that his purse is sassy! I haven't been to Carowinds since college. Busch Gardens in Williamsburg is AWESOME. Try that next. Love all of you! Critty
Haha Carly!!! The trip to Carowinds looked like sooo much fun. Those pictures were great. I enjoyed seeing Jody holding your purse. :o) The girls looked like they had a blast!
Happy late Mothers Day Carly- I hope it was wonderful! Love to the whole family. -Lizzie
LOVE THE BLOG!! send me your email address (hrgast@yahoo.com) and I'll send you an invite to ours! Love keeping up with the kids this way!
Heather
Post a Comment