Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Morton's Monkeys Are Famous!!!

Well, since I brag on my kids at home, I better brag a little on my 20 kids I have at school. I guess I need to explain the whole "Morton's Monkeys" thing. The second grade team decided that we would name all our classes this year just to do something a little different. So, we have Morton's Monkeys, Avent's Alligators, Gunter's Geckos, Austin's Armadillos, and Humphrey's Hoppers (frogs). Cute, huh! I've kind of gone a little wild with the monkey theme and my kids bring me a new monkey it seems every week. It's been fun, we even had our own class t-shirts made that say "Morton's Monkeys, We Don't Play!" Our class teamed up with "Newspapers In Education" and we get a free newspaper everyday from a Durham business sponser. The kids love the current events, weather, and especially the sports section during ACC basketball season. So, the newspaper photographer came out and took our picture to put in the paper for the next three Sundays. Yes, we're famous. Click on the site and it should take you straight there. http://www.heraldsun.com/nie/

1 comment:

Getz Gang said...

wow! Congrats! That is really cool.